“I see wonderful things!” said Howard Carter when he peered inside Tutankhamun tomb for the first time.
Help preserve wonderful things for the future.
There are two ways you can participate: Your membership in the national organization of the Archaeological Institute of America and/or donations to Archaeology Now, which will inspire Houstonians to explore our many stories.
As a member or donor, you will receive the following benefits:
- Discounted admission to ticketed events
With a donation of $250, a signed copy of The Virgin of Guadalupe and the Conversos: Uncovering Hidden Influences from Spain to Mexico by Marie-Theresa Hernández
- With a donation of $500 or more, enjoy dinner with a speaker of your choice
- Invitations to three exclusive events for members or donors only
Membership is simple. Donating is simple, too!
1. Become a member of the national Archaeological Institute of America to help preserve, protect, and advocate on a national scale. Log onto https://www.archaeological.org/. Click on “Membership. Indicate that you want to be part of the “Houston Society.” National membership includes a subscription to award-winning Archaeology magazine.
2. Donate to Archaeology Now to help sponsor local programs, including family and educational outreach, heritage tours, and a stellar lecture series. Log on to paypal.com and enter Houston Archaeology to send a donation OR send a check to Archaeology Now at P.O. Box 271062, Houston, TX 77277
Square Excavator: Up to $100
Site Supervisor: Up to $250
Principal Investigator: Up to $500
Expedition Director: Up to $1000
NEW THIS YEAR!
Donate to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event.
We’ve created a new category this year—the “HERITAGE” category. We’re all in this together, so why not celebrate our journey? Donate a minimum of $25 to honor a special person or occasion and your dedication will be printed in our event programs throughout the year. We even have a “Young Explorers” section that honors the generation that will carry the torch forward.