“I see wonderful things!” said Howard Carter when he peered inside Tutankhamun tomb for the first time. Your membership in the national organization of the Archaeological Institute of America and/or donations to the Houston Society can help a child see wonderful things and inspire Houstonians to explore our many stories. Join LEGACY today.
As a part of LEGACY, you will receive the following benefits:
- Discounted admission to ticketed events.
- With a donation of $250, a signed copy of The First Fossil Hunters by Dr. Adrienne Mayor or The Ark Before Noah by Dr. Irving Finkel.
- With a donation of $500 or more, enjoy dinner with a speaker of your choice.
- Invitations to three exclusive events for LEGACY members only.
Membership is simple. Donating is simple, too!
1. Become a member of the national Archaeological Institute of America to help preserve, protect, and advocate on a national scale. Log onto https://www.archaeological.org/. Click on “Membership. Indicate that you want to be part of the “Houston Society.” National membership includes a subscription to award-winning Archaeology magazine.
2. Donate to the Houston Society of AIA to help sponsor local programs, including family and educational outreach, heritage tours, and a stellar lecture series. Log on to paypal.com and enter Houston Archaeology to send a donation OR send a check to AIA Houston at P.O. Box 271062, Houston, TX 77277
Square Excavator: Up to $100
Principal Investigator: Up to $500
Site Supervisor: Up to $250
Expedition Director: Up to $1000
NEW THIS YEAR!
Donate to honor a loved one or celebrate a special event.
We’ve created a new category this year—the “HERITAGE” category. We’re all in this together, so why not celebrate our journey? Donate a minimum of $25 to honor a special person or occasion and your dedication will be printed in our event programs throughout the year. We even have a “Young Explorers” section that honors the generation that will carry the torch forward.